forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: one-page flyer multiple output formats esp. RTF
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:53:15 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> With the powers of Apache FOP at the heart of Forrest
>> we should be able to output RTF shouldn't we?
>

> I have a need for this at Burrokeet. I'll build a plugin - starting now.

Good news and bad news:

I just committed the initial plugin, it works for the minimal sample
(provided in fo), but not for our skin generated fo files. I've not
debugged this, and "match of the day" (English Premier league football
program) is on so I'm not going to try and debug it now.

All I have done to try and solve the problem is use the latest release
candidate jfor library (same problem existed with version 0.7.1, which
is what the Cocoon jfor block uses.

It's in SVN now so anyone can have a go at it whilst I watch football
and sleep, I'll look again when I can.

Note that there is a little installation work needed (see README.txt in
the plugin).

Ross