forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] plugin infrastructure
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:59:37 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

<snip/>

>> Before going wild into defining possible scenarios, I have to
>> understand better the reason why the current system is not enough and
>> where we will need to extend the system.

<snip/>

>> Why is the current system not working?
>

> It is, but with hack solutions, see FOR-344 - linked above, and my
> proposal below this explanation.

I spoke too soon. There is a problem with source format plugins that
came to light today. See http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-348 for
details, at this time I see no easy solution - there are a couple of
suggestions in that bug report, but I'm not too happy with any of them.

If we can solve this problem all the rest of my suggestions in this
thread still work.

Ross