forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Skins] Leather-dev vs. scale-dev
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:16:45 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Shaun Evans wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>Trying not to sound pedantic, I am quite disappointed with the way you
>>have reacted to my contribution of scale-dev.

<snip/>

> As Thorsten pointed out, this is our fault because we have
> not properly documented our CSS naming conventions which
> we (mainly Thorsten thankyou) have been working on over the
> last few months.

<snip/>

Shaun, if it is any consolation another new dev recently hit the same
problem - that is the devs here can remember discussions that have gone
on in the past, but are only available in the archives. Keeping
documentation up to date is very difficult in a fast moving project and
being at a fairly early stage of development (now in 0.7-dev) we are
still moving very fast.

We try to point to relevant mail threads and documents when possible,
but it is always a good idea to search the archives too.

Please be assured we *are* aware of this problem, and we are starting to
focus more upon it. I'm really pleased to see that you have offered to
help Thorsten with the documentation of his designs for the skinning
system - this is exactly how future devs can be helped to avoid this
situation.

I'm sure I speak for all devs here when I say we do appreciate your
work, I think your dissapointment was, as David said, purely because
English is not everyones first language here and consequently we English
speakers have to read carefully to see what is *really* being said.
Personally I only read appreciation and constructive comment to your
contribution, but then I am used to the way we speak here ;-)

Thanks for your great work.

Ross