forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN reorg: take 2
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 13:11:39 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> There is only one problem here, that is making interim releases of
> subprojects if the new release needs a new jar.

With respect to plugins and skins (not a subproject yet, but could be in
the future) there is no problem since Forrest will only download a
plugin/skin with a name that indicates it will work with the currently
executing version of Forrest. For example:

OpenOffice.org-0.6.zip will be downloaded for 0.6 version of Forrest

OpenOffice.org-0.7-dev.zip for 0.7-dev version

The mechanism falls back on a filename with no version number if the
above fails.

[NOTE, in writing this I realised that both skins and plugins suffer
from the same problem. They do not upgrade their version of a plugin
when Forrest is upgraded. I'll enter a issue on this]

Ross