forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [vote] delete old stuff
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 05:11:26 GMT
Dave Brondsema dijo:
> Remember, SVN holds all our history so people can go back and find this
> stuff if they ever want to.  Deleting it from trunk means we see no
> value in even attempting to maintain this code.
>
> I propose we delete:
>
> whiteboard/charts - hasn't been touched for years
> whiteboard/layout - hasn't been touched for years
> tools/forrestbar - there has been no demand for compatibility with
> firefox 0.9+

I am -1 on that. Why? Somebody remeber the JBoss vs. Apache trouble,
sometime ago. In short JBoss claimed that the ASF stoled code from him and
later (thanks that log4j keep his CVS history) Ceki Gulku showed them that
the code was originaly in the log4j project.

Removing the history of whatever commit could come to this kind of
problems. I am not sure if in the future somebody will claim that we
stolen our own code again!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.