forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Lenya may start using Forrest Plugins
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:50:45 GMT
Hi Thorsten:

Yes, you are being very adventurous!

Reading your mail I got some inspiration too. ;-)

Well, in my view:

1-Cocoon has nothing to do here. Cocoon only provides the platform for
both (Lenya and Forrest) that is all. Of course is posible to run both
using the same cocoon, but I guess this is OT here. And if some special
features are needed we can develop them. I expect the last will be
marginal of not required at all.

2-Lenya is the "content manager". On the other hand, Forrest can be viewed
as a content generator. The content generated by Forrest must be managed
by Lenya. In that way, we need to "attach" Forrest to Lenya and no the
oposite. That means we need to develop some tools that Lenya will use to
"know how" call the tools and Forrest need to provide a support for this
tools called by Lenya.

3-Forrest need to be able to generate only a desired document. Lenya will
"tell" Forrest wich one by running the forrest tools.

4-From Lenya can be posible to call Forrest in the same way as we call use
case. Here Flowscript can play an important role.

5-An interesting point to be solved is how to merge the Lenya "sitetree"
with Forrest site.xml and tabs.xml. Another posible solution is a
synchronization of all this files or perhaps we can "forget about the tabs
and site in the beggining and let lenya manage it. I am not sure if this
will be more easy or complicated. I am also thinking that another
posibility to include in this point the "linkmap.html" that forrest
currently generate.

                                -- 0 --

The other posible solution is import into Lenya some forrest plugins and
similar as above let Lenya manage everything.

                                -- 0 --

We need to start with a low profile if we want to make both work together.
;-)

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

On Mar, 16 de Noviembre de 2004, 17:42, Thorsten Scherler dijo: