forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Questions on upgrading cocoon used by Forrest
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:21:05 GMT
On Mar, 30 de Noviembre de 2004, 1:30, David Crossley dijo:
> Rick Tessner wrote:
>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Rick:
>>>
>>> I guess some of your questions are answered here:
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/etc/cocoon_upgrade/README.txt?view=markup
>>

>> Thanks Antonio!  I'll work with that and see how things go. :)  I'll
>> update that doc as need be.
>
> We have been using cocoon-2.2 (i.e. the trunk).
> This was mainly due to not being about to get the
> "passthrough sitemaps" capability to work with
> Cocoon release branch. There were some changes
> just prior to release - perhaps it works now.
>
> It could be dangerous to continue to use their trunk.
> In the coming months, there might be some turmoil
> in Cocoon as real blocks and the new kernel start to
> happen. Are we brave enough?

We are!!!! :-D

Well, I think we also need to fix other issues. For example, we was not
able to use the lastest commons-jxpath version shipped in Cocoon:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109634188704989&w=2

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo