forrest-dev mailing list archives

From joerg+computer.forr...@pi5.physik.uni-stuttgart.de
Subject Re: XSL for Photo Gallery
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:37:49 GMT
Hi,

I once did a picture gallery for forrest. You can find the result at
http://schreibubi.pi5.physik.uni-stuttgart.de/gallery/lena/newcam/index.html

When the plugin system came around I've started to adapt it to the plugin
system, but never came around to finish it. It is almost working, but right
now I don't have the time to finish it, because I have to write my
PhD-Thesis. I've attached the last version to this e-mail.

It works like this:
-Uses the image directory generator from cocoon to get a list of images
(directory structure is a dir with the following dirs small, big, preview
(where the pictures can be found in different sizes).
-gallery.xsl transforms this into valid forrest-html, which is rendered
according to the selected skin
-To display one picture gallerybild.xsl is used. The version in the archive
tries to use a template.xml as template, where only the picture name of the
picture is substituted and then skinned. This dosn't work yet... So I've also
included the old version where everything is hardcoded.

Some more ideas I had for the gallery, is to have a file comment.xml where you
can put in comments about each picture, which are displayed under the full
picture (maybe in the format which digikam from KDE writes...so you can edit
your comments comfortably). Maybe also tooltips on each preview image with
the size and other information added (would be great if the directory
generator from cocoon could interpret exif...)

Do whatever you want with code, I thereby license it under the BSD-License.

Hope this helps,

Jörg

--
Dipl.-Phys. Jörg Werner   j.werner@physik.uni-stuttgart.de