forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Selective PDF
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:52:00 GMT
On Monday 15 November 2004 07:04, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Configuration for wholesite.html/pdf also comes from site.xml  I don't
> think we want to clutter this, especially because certain plugins could
> provide the site.xml in their own way.  And don't forget about book.xml
> which is a per-directory menu (and actually it is intermediately
> generated from site.xml).

Clutter? Why worry about clutter when you're adding a very useful feature?

As for book.xml this should become removed and integrated into site.xml.

As for tabs.xml I think it should also be in site.xml

Bring site structure to one place, make it simple.

Obviate the need for a content space such as xdocs. Let files be anywhere.
Forrest should be like a vacuum cleaner with many suction points. Just let
Forrest know where files are and "slurp" it will bring them in.

Content can therefor reside on any host, be accessed and integrated into the
site.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author