forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <>
Subject Re: Selective PDF
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:51:58 GMT
On Tuesday 16 November 2004 02:51, Ross Gardler wrote:
> How about this:
> Say we have an output plugin for PDF. It will have to provide an fbit
> for the pdf button.
> In forrest properties we can have:
> plugin.pdf.button.include.output=**.html, documentation/index.html
> plugin.pdf.button.exclude.output=**/index.html
> This will result in the "button" fbit provided by the pdf plugin being
> placed on all html pages, but not on the index pages (except the
> documentation index).
> We can also filter on source format:
> plugin.pdf.button.include.source=**.xml
> plugin.pdf.button.exclude.source=**.sxw
> *problem* how do we filter on source doctype?
> *NOTE* the include and exclude work as they do for filesets in ANT. That
> is, if we define an include value, we assume everything is excluded
> unless specifically included and vice-versa. Thus specifying neither
> gives us the current default behaviour of the skin - i.e the current
> behaviour.
> If we consider that Sean
> highlighted we can achieve what is requested there with:
> plugin.toc.max-depth=2
> plugin.toc.min-sections=1
> plugin.toc.location=page
> plugin.toc.includes.source=**/*.sxw
> plugin.toc.excludes.source=**/*.xml

While there are good ideas under discussion here, I think people have lost the
focus. The solution now being suggested used blanket thinking ie. All *.xml
or all *.swx.

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to specify target formats on
a per file basis.

What was a simple idea has become complex.

Sean Wheller
Technical Author

View raw message