forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject smart update
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 06:57:47 GMT
Hey everyone,

Things are looking great with Forrest, and I'm really looking forward
to the upcoming features. There's just one thing that personally
really irks me and I'd like to see that happening in the future too,
so I'm just testing grounds if I'm the only one with this issue.

When I do a forrest site, it takes about 1 minute to render my
complete website, which is absolutely fine for complete deploys since
we don't expect them to be frequent. However, when I'm working on a
new page/article, I often make small small changes and want see how
things look like. Clearly forrest site is way too much overhead for
this kind of thing. Now of course, you can do a forrest run and given
in the URL you want to check, but wouldn't it be great if forrest
could be smart about rendering and only work on *modified* pages?

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker