forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to redirect our website changes
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:08:50 GMT
> Redirecting to the latest stable version makes sense to me, but it means
> we have to update the .htaccess file whenever we release a new version.

Well you could maintain a symlink called 'current' and have the
.htaccess point to that. Then you just need to maintain the symlink. A
lot of sites (especially ftp) use this (eg mozilla, kernel.org etc).
Though since you still need to maintain that symlink, I'm not sure how
helpful that might be, but just a suggestion.

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker