forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Skins] Leather-dev vs. scale-dev
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:37:43 GMT
> It's not just the positioning that I was having trouble with in
> leather-dev. Rather than having a huge skin that I can't manage, I
> prefer to work from the ground up. If you want me to, I will post my
> latest scale-dev (which comes closer to the leather-dev) in JIRA.
> IMHO, and I mean no offense by saying this, I would like to see
> scale-dev used because it _works_, whereas leather-dev doesn't (from the
> viewers' point of view). leather-dev, if you see my point, is a great
> example of xsl and could (IMO, should) be used as a source of code to
> put into scale-dev. However, as I said, it is better to get something
> that works before you try to 'improve' it all the way up to a
> releaseable standard.

Hey Shaun,

It'd be great if you can go ahead and put the latest version up on
JIRA. scale-dev looks really promising, and I'm excited to try out the
latest version. I was trying to align it to leather-dev at my end as
well, but seems you've already done the work :)

Diwaker
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker