forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Lenya may start using Forrest Plugins
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:40:28 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

RG> If we can pull this off it will mean a much larger community working on
RG> and using the same plugins. I therefore think it is worth us considering
RG> Lenya's needs as well when finalising the Plugin infrastructure (not at
RG> the expense of required functionality, but where there are no
RG> conflicts). I'll keep both communities fully informed (as will Thorsten
RG> I am sure).

I think this is a great idea. The more building-blocks can be shared
between projects, the more time we can spend documenting and
explaining each block.

Plus: The more similar components are used, the more it pays for
      someone to learn about these components (and really understand
      them) since the know-how will survive a transition from Forrest
      to Lenya and possible other projects.

Are there mechanisms in place that help keeping these joint
developments on the same track?

--
Ferdinand Soethe