forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re[2]: Duplicate code
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:44:39 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Why do we need to have:
>> A  site-author/content/plugins
>> A  site-author/content/plugins/plugins.xml
>> A  site-author/content/plugins/IMSManifest.zip
>> A  site-author/content/plugins/OpenOffice.org.zip
>> A  site-author/content/plugins/simplified-docbook.zip
>> A  site-author/content/plugins/rtf-output.zip

RG> These are the distribution files of released plugins that must be
RG> accessible on the website.

>> and
>>
>> plugins/feeder
>> plugins/IMSManifest
>> plugins/OpenOffice.org
>> plugins/rtf-output
>> plugins/simplified-docbook
>> plugins/text-output

RG> These are the source files for developing the plugins.

Would anybody mind placing a file like "whatsThisDirectoryFor.txt" in
each directory that is mentioned in our discussions here?
It could potentially save us a lot of questions and would be fairly
easy to maintain, wouldn't it?

I'd just as well draw a commented dirtree to maintain that info, but
the change rate seems so high that keeping that tree in sync would be
a nightmare.

--
Ferdinand Soethe