forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Templating language - forrest:templates and Struts Tiles
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:32:23 GMT
El mar, 23-11-2004 a las 15:13, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >> :) cheers ;-)
> >

> > :-)
> >
> > It still seems too complicated for the user... The normal user would
> > want to simply say "add this newsfeed" and get done with it. Same for
> > filtering.
> >
> > IMHO the templating language must be used only by the skin/theme/view
> > (gosh, so many! ;-) designer, and not by the user.
>
> Yes, I agree, and I think Thorsten does too. Remember, *I* suggested it
> should be in the f:t, but Thorsten said he already did it in the skin.
>
> So...
>
> Plugin designers will say, "this plugin creates a nugget X, and I want
> it inserting at extension point Y".

...nugget X and it extends the the semantic toplevel container Y. X will
be registered in Y and then used in the view like all other contracts.

> All the user need do is say I want plugin X, the skinning system then
> ensures the nugget from plugin X is inserted in a sensible place.

That depends a wee bit. Registered plugins yes because forrest
controller knows the contracts because they are registered. Unregistered
plugins have to register they contracts with forrest controller before
they can be used.

> If we all understand one another correctly, this is what we all want :-)).

Yeah, now I have to program a prototyp.

;-)

--
thorsten