forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Templating language - forrest:templates and Struts Tiles
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:11:13 GMT
El lun, 22-11-2004 a las 17:47, Ross Gardler escribió:

<snip/>

> > The big difference between the call-template and your extension point I
> > see is:
> >
> > I. <forrest:extension-ft name="additions"/>
> > Will be provided as default by new views. -> view provider
> >
> > II. <forrest:call-template name="newsfeed"/>
> > Can be used by the user to extend the view. -> user
> >
> > IMO it is not the skin providing this. *skin* produces placeholder for
> > nuggets/fbits skelleton no design information. It is the view providing
> > the extension and graphical hooks.
>
> OI think you misunderstand the purpose of the extension point. It is
> just a standard name of a <forrest:call-template...>, I do not see the
> mechanism being any different. I think that by calling them somehthing
> different I am only confusing things. The above can be re-written as:
>
> <forrest:view output-format="xhtml, fo" name="default">
>     <forrest:hook name="header">
>      <forrest:nugget name="grouplogo"/>
>      <forrest:nugget name="projectlogo"/>
>      <forrest:call-template name="additions"/>
>      <forrest:call-template name="navigation"/>
>     </forrest:hook>
>
> The reason I renamed it is because making it a label in this way allows
> multiple plugins to extend the same extension point, which is different
> to having a user write a custom template.

Ok, then I can tell you that this extension points already exist in the
markup of leather. :)

In leather we have container where plugins have to register their new
contracts. All of the following top level container are extension
points. A plugin have to register the new contract in this semantic
container.

Then a registered contract can be used by all views placing them where
they want. :)

#branding
Container used for all elements that is branding the site.
Everything releated to brand the site goes in here.

#search
Related to search interface and search results.

#nav or #navigation
Used to contain the navigation devices.

#content
Used for content rather than for another purpose such as navigation.
All contracts related to content have to registered in this container.

#siteinfo (si)
Used for various site related information
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)