forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic or Static Access Control Lists
Date Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:56:17 GMT
El dom, 21-11-2004 a las 09:13, Alex Batlin escribió:
> Has anyone configured Forrest to allow user to provide userid and
> password, and then generated documents based on their role/group.
> Document elements can then be tagged with role/group. I am thinking of
> the way profiling is done in DocCook.

No, not AFAIK, but it should be quite easy.

I will need auth as well pretty soon for profiling. You can either beat
me by sending a patch or hang in there and wait (I guess end of the
year) till I implemend it.

Basicly you have to do the following for auth, protected docs and
profiling:
1) create a dir where the protected docs go
2) create a auth pipeline where you start the session
3) add profiling to the session in your profiling
4) change your skin pipelines to display the profiled content

Can you open an enhancement issue and add this to it. This way it will
not get lost.
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"