forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 76210 - forrest/trunk/site-author/content/plugins
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:47:57 GMT
El jue, 18-11-2004 a las 11:20, Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> > Leather should use fbits generated by a plugin or core. This
> > functionality should not be only in leather other skins and plugin
> > should be able to use this too.
>
> I was hoping to also read your comments on the my RT. Note that I'm not
> talking about actual implementation but about the complete use case and
> the contracts.

:) Yeah but then Dave started the talk vs. code and I thought I may test
before I add my comments to see whether it will be possible like I have
it mind. I will add my comments based on the experience I made
implementing the plugin.

I am still a wee bit unsure
- how the interaction between the fbits and the leather skin can be
managed.
- what the leather skin should output (see the hook problematic).

IMO it should just provide semantic container, take the fbits-plugin and
add them to the container. The CSS for leather has the lowest prio for
me personally because there are better webdesigner then me. ;-)

I will add my comments to your RT where I will talk in detail about the
fbits and skin dependences. I just want to know exactly what I am
talking about.

> > I just want to figure out how the fbits concept can work in code and not
> > in talk. ;-)
>
> Sure, go ahead.

:) Cheers

BTW I renamed the plugin to o.a.o.f.p.fbits and still have to make it
work tonight ;-)

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"