forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: WYSIWYG editor
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 01:54:25 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I just uploaded a first stab at a WYSIWYG editor using htmlArea
> ( ). As with all these
> plugins that I am currently making these are the results of work over at
>   Burrokeet ( and are early stage (read need
> more work). They are all things we added to Forrest that we felt were
> not appropriate for core, but can now be considered as plugins.
> You can download the zip from
> Since Forrest is focusing on being able to produce static sites and this
> plugin will only work in a dynamic environment is it appropriate for
> donation here? (if not I will create a plugins module in Burrokeet CVS
> and maintain it there)

Yes it is relevant here.

There seems to be some confusion still over the
goals of Forrest regarding static/dynamic capabilities.

The central issue is that *by default* forrest must
not be configured with anything that breaks the
command-line static generation ability. One example
would be if the Lucene search was set to be the
default instead of Google.

We need to explicitly state this in a contract document.

David Crossley

View raw message