forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:33:33 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Clay Leeds wrote:
> >> In any case, my CRITICAL problem is that the Compliance Page renders
> >> no
> >> content (other than the site structure, nav links, etc.).
> >
> > That sounds like you have now properly configured
> > the DTD and the catalog entity resolver.
>
> Yup!
>
> > The two remaining causes would be your sitemap.xmap
> > or your compliance2document.xsl stylesheet.
>
> A good assumption.
>
> > I clipped this from the sitemap that you attached
> > earlier in this thread. Is that the latest?
> > It does not match the examples.
> > You seem to have a mixture of the basic solution:
> > http://localhost:8888/docs/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type
> > and the advanced solution:
> > http://localhost:8888/docs/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type_2
>
> That's entirely possible. I spent some time trying to weed out the
> problems, and when I stopped getting errors, I thought I was 'done'
> (except for the 'little' problem that compliance.html still has no real
> content).
>
> > ---- clip from xml-fop sitemap ----
> >       <map:match pattern="**compliance.xml">
> >         <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}compliance.xml"/>
> >         <map:act type="sourcetype"
> > src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}compliance.xml">
> >           <map:transform
> > src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/compliance2html.xsl"/>
> >         </map:act>
> >         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> >       </map:match>
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > You just need the proper syntax for the "basic solution".
>
> So the new, improved version should be:
>
> ---- clip from xml-fop sitemap ----
>        <map:match pattern="**compliance.xml">
>          <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}compliance.xml"/>
>            <map:transform
> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/compliance2html.xsl" />
>          <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>        </map:match>
> ------------------------------------
>
> wait a minute... I just noticed two different XSL files:
>
> <map:transform
> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/compliance2html.xsl" />
>
> and
>
> <map:transform
> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/compliance2document.xsl" />
>
> I changed it to compliance2document.xsl and did a run /forrest/ run!
>
> > The "advanced solution" is for when you need to detect
> > different versions of the "Apache FOP Compliance DTD"
> > and transform each type accordingly.
>
> Thanks for the clarification. But how is that a combination of Basic
> and Advanced? It looks like I just did the Advanced solution.

As i said above, your sitemap had bits and pieces of the
"advanced solution". You were completely missing the
map:select and map:when elements. Please read the examples
more carefully. This is a waste of time and energy.

Anyway, stick with the basic solution that you now
seem to have working.

> > The other issue that i see, is that you need to transform
> > from your "compliance" document type into the internal
> > Forrest "Apache Document-v1*" document type. I have not
> > seen your stylesheet "compliance2html.xsl" but its name
> > suggests that you are skipping the vital internal transformation
> > and going straight to "html" output. However, i might be
> > mistaken and it is just a bad choice of filename.
>
> Yeah... I just noticed that too (see above...). As for how the
> compliance.xml format, it's a *completely* different beast (hence the
> new DTD!). I don't know how it works... I'm just hoping I won't have to
> re-create the darn thing (have you taken a look at it[1]?. It would be
> akin to hand-crafting the Forrest Document-v20.dtd file... by *hand*!
> Egads! I am not excited about the possibility to have to do that
> (159,978 bytes)!

Sorry, i cannot parse that.

--David