forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: convert to document-v20.dtd
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:38:47 GMT
(Moved over from user list.)

Clay Leeds wrote:
> I see there are some tools,

Yes some old ones, probably not needed.

Some recent ones which are probably still used
... do grep *.xmap to find where.

Some still needed. Thanks for doing
http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-352
"New conversion tools (docv12 + docv13 => docv20)"

> but I'm confused:
>
> [clay@Clay-Leeds-Computer forrest]$ find . -iname *todoc*
> ./main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/docv10todocv11.xsl
> ./main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/docv20todocv12.xsl
> ./main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/docv20todocv13.xsl
>
> I want to convert from docv12todocv20 but there doesn't seem to be
> one... are those last two just poorly named? Who would want to go
> backwards? Or is this a case of "maybe 'someone' can do a PATCH"? ;-)
>
> (NOPE! I just checked, and I see that those do actually convert from
> docv20 to docv13/12... hmmm!)

'svn log docv20todocv13.xsl' reveals that they were part
of issues FOR-174 which might provide some clues. When you
find out, we should patch the head of those *.xsl with
a brief comment as to purpose.

------
Add missing files from revision 23140.
Issue: FOR-174
Submitted by: Rick Tessner
------

> Looks like we need someone to make some
> new files...
>
> :-)

I am confused, please explain.

You also say above "want to convert from docv12todocv20".
I wonder if a "docv1todocv20" would handle v1.3 and v1.2

The other issue is how these tools would get used.
In the past we have used an Ant build task to do
batch conversions of xdocs and store the resulting
set of documents into a build directory. This was
developed early in Forrest to transform the Cocoon
documentation to upgraded DTDs.

I have a feeling that we left that old work in the
CVS Attic of the old "xml-forrest" CVS. Searching
the mail archives would find it. Diana Shannon
was the main driver. One thread is:

--
David Crossley