forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:37:34 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Clay Leeds wrote:
> >> (NOTE: yeah, I feel silly about the CatalogManager.properties warning,
> >> since I haven't figured out how to set it correctly either... At least
> >> my VCR doesn't flash 12:00! This page[4] says "You can add a local
> >> CatalogManager.properties to your project.classes-dir to define your
> >> additional catalogs for DTDs  and other entities." but there's no
> >> example so I don't know what that file should look like--should I just
> >> switch to project.classes-dir & /touch CatalogManager.properties/?
> >> Anyway, 'If you do not add such a configuration file, then there will
> >> be a  harmless message on startup "CatalogManager.properties not
> >> found".' 12:00... 12:00...;-))
> >>
> >> [4]
> >> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/upgrading_06.html#local-catalog
> >
> > Copy it from a fresh 'forrest seed site' in
> > src/documentation/classes/CatalogManager.properties
>
> I see that it actually does exist in my directory now (as mentioned in
> a previous post, I started from a fresh /forrest seed/ last week). I
> don't think recall it being there before.
>
> > I just added that to /docs/upgrading_06.html#local-catalog
> > and clarified its description in the main document that you
> > should be following: /docs/validation.html#catalog
>
> Thanks. I've made the modifications indicated to the
> CatalogManager.properties file (I no longer get the error!). Here's the
> only line from that file that is not commented out:
>
> ====
> catalogs=/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/xml-fop/src/documentation/
> resources/schema/catalog.xcat
> ====
>
> I also created the src/documentation/resources/schema/catalog.xcat file
> with these contents:
>
> ====
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
> V1.0//EN"
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
> <!-- OASIS XML Catalog for W3C stuff like XHTML and SVG -->
> <catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
>           prefer="public">
>
> <!-- Extensible HTML 1.0 -->
> <public publicId="-//APACHE//DTD Compliance V1.0//EN"
>          uri="dtd/compliance-v10.dtd"/>
>
> </catalog>
> ====
>
> I checked to ensure that this file exists (it always has):
>
> ====
> src/documentation/resources/schema/dtd/compliance-v10.dtd
> ====
>
> (I don't think xml-fop's site needs anything else in
> resources/schema/dtd...)
>
> In any case, my CRITICAL problem is that the Compliance Page renders no
> content (other than the site structure, nav links, etc.).

That sounds like you have now properly configured
the DTD and the catalog entity resolver.

The two remaining causes would be your sitemap.xmap
or your compliance2document.xsl stylesheet.

I clipped this from the sitemap that you attached
earlier in this thread. Is that the latest?
It does not match the examples.
You seem to have a mixture of the basic solution:
http://localhost:8888/docs/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type
and the advanced solution:
http://localhost:8888/docs/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type_2

---- clip from xml-fop sitemap ----
      <map:match pattern="**compliance.xml">
        <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}compliance.xml"/>
        <map:act type="sourcetype"
src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}compliance.xml">
          <map:transform
src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/compliance2html.xsl"/>
        </map:act>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
------------------------------------

You just need the proper syntax for the "basic solution".
The "advanced solution" is for when you need to detect
different versions of the "Apache FOP Compliance DTD"
and transform each type accordingly.

The other issue that i see, is that you need to transform
from your "compliance" document type into the internal
Forrest "Apache Document-v1*" document type. I have not
seen your stylesheet "compliance2html.xsl" but its name
suggests that you are skipping the vital internal transformation
and going straight to "html" output. However, i might be
mistaken and it is just a bad choice of filename.

--
David Crossley