forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Online DTDs broken
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:41:22 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Clay Leeds wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there some sort of workaround for this, so I can continue building
> >> sites?
> >
> > I am going to adjust the .htaccess file now.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > However, this is ringing huge alarms bells for me.
> >
> > If your forrest is going to the network to
> > get the DTDs, then the Catalog Entity Resolver
> > is busted on your system.
> >
> > I recall discussing this with you before,
> > but don't remember you answering. I will dig
> > through the archives and try again.
>
> Yeah... I remember, but I don't recall where that is either.
>
> BTW, it could have to do with the PATCH I submitted in one of
> yesterday's posts.

No, it was ages ago. An issue with you not being able
to resolve the local DTDs.

> Under "General configuration notes" shouldn't this
> section have $FORREST_HOME instead of $FORREST:
>
> $FORREST/src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog.xcat  (for XML
> Catalog) or $FORREST/src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog  (for TR
> 9401 Catalog).

That was before the change to the location of FORREST_HOME.
I have your patch marked as important, and will try today.

> It may also have to do with setting the CatalogManager.properties
> (which I mentioned in a previous msg I haven't been able to figure out
> from the current docs).

Hmmm, i searched my archives quickly but cannot find that.
What was the subject line?

> > However, i would like to know why you think
> > your problems described below have anything
> > to do with the Forrest website and the default DTDs.
> >
> >> ATM, every time I try to build using the 0.6 release, I get
> >> errors complaining that link must be declared or that "p" must match
> >> "(strong|em|code|sub|sup|br|img|icon|acronym|a)" and I notice that
> >> "link" is conspicuously absent:
> >
> > Actually this sounds to me like you are mixing the
> > document-v1* and document-v2* DTDs. If so, then this
> > is just an xml validation error on your part.
>
> Yeah... it was a problem with <link.../> changing to <a.../> in
> document-v2*. Thanks for the prompt in the right direction! I wonder
> why I didn't have that problem before the Online DTDs broken post?

Me too. However, you must have had the problem because
<link> is not in the 2.0 DTDs no matter where the DTD
comes from.

One way to be sure is to use ngrep.sf.net to watch
for network traffic ('ngrep dtd') or pull the plug on your
Internet connection.

--
David Crossley