forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Online DTDs broken
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:03:34 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
> > Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > > SVN restructuring has broken the rewriting we do to serve DTDs from
> > > subversion.  E.g. http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/skinconfig-v06-3.dtd
> >
> > Is there some sort of workaround for this, so I can continue building
> > sites?
>
> I am going to adjust the .htaccess file now.

That is fixed now.

> However, this is ringing huge alarms bells for me.
>
> If your forrest is going to the network to
> get the DTDs, then the Catalog Entity Resolver
> is busted on your system.
>
> I recall discussing this with you before,
> but don't remember you answering. I will dig
> through the archives and try again.
>
> However, i would like to know why you think
> your problems described below have anything
> to do with the Forrest website and the default DTDs.

Stand at ease. Sorry about that part. I see now
that it is only the skinconf DTD that is a problem.
Forrest is not supposed to be doing that. There
must be another part of our build that is going
to the network. We must have glossed over this
issue when we released 0.6

<joke>
We will be able to review the httpd server log
at www.apache.org to see how many people and how
often they use Forrest-0.6+
</joke>

The issue below is a different matter.