forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: website documentation version
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 06:30:33 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Cocoon has documentation divided per-release.  Should we do the same
> between 0.6 and SVN?
>
> Changes are becoming quite significant between the two already, and even
> though 0.6 comes with it's own documentation, I think most people will
> go to the website to find documentation for it.

I too can see it becoming a problem. No matter how much
we tell them otherwise, then people will still get mixed up.

How far would we go down that track? How long would we
keep old documentation there?

I reckon that we would need a big bold banner on each old set.
We don't want people stumbling over old stuff via Google and
getting the wrong impression.

> Also we need to have a
> place for fixed and improved 0.6 documentation to be available.

Only for documentation bugs, i hope. Not going to get
into synchronising documentation changes.

--
David Crossley