forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Compliance Page (was Re: xml-fop Build Failed)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:23:29 GMT
I've spent a fair amount of time playing around with the compliance*
files over the last few days, and although I haven't gotten it to work
as it should, I may have a suitable workaround.

xml-fop includes the following 'compliance' files:

[clay@Clay-Leeds-Computer xml-fop]$ find . -iname *compliance*
./build/site/compliance.html
./src/documentation/content/xdocs/compliance.xml
./src/documentation/resources/schema/dtd/compliance-v10.dtd
./src/documentation/resources/stylesheets/compliance2document.xsl
./src/documentation/resources/stylesheets/compliance2fo.xsl
./src/documentation/resources/stylesheets/compliance2html.xsl

The only stylesheet which specifies the CSS for the table-cells is
'compliance2html.xsl' and the relevant xsl:template doesn't appear to
be processed:

<xsl:template match="head">
   <head>
charset=windows-1252"/>
   <link type="text/css" href="skin/page.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
   &lt;!--
   .yes         { background-color: #99FF99 }
   .no          { background-color: #FF9999 }
   .partial     { background-color: #FFFFCC }
   .category    { /*background-color: #CFDCED;*/
                  font-size: 1.2em }
   --&gt;
   </head>
</xsl:template>

(BTW, I the colors changed to light green - yes, light red - no, yellow
- partial)

However, if I use Xalan to transform compliance.xml using
compliance2html.xsl, the output is almost correct (@class='yes' doesn't
work, but class='no' & class='partial' do?):

./xalan.sh -IN compliance.xml -XSL compliance2html.xsl -OUT
041109_compliance_001.html

The result:
<http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/xml-fop/041109_compliance_001.html>

I just tried transforming:

./xalan.sh -IN compliance.xml -XSL compliance2document.xsl -OUT
041109_compliance_001.xml

The result:
<http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/xml-fop/041109_compliance_001.xml>

When processed with Forrest, this xdoc file provides the same output
we've been dealing with (table is OK--without the styles--but it's
missing the mini-TOC & citation links).

Unless anyone has any better ideas, I'm about ready to settle for using
the HTML file output by ./xalan.sh above. I'll have to generate that
file by hand for the time being, and I'll have to skin it, but that
shouldn't be too bad. I think we all were hoping for a better way,
though.

Now all I/we have to do, is figure out the directory structure for RAW
files & images (a moving target these days... ;-)), so I can get the
links to the raw SVG & FO (and possibly PDF) files to resolve.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>