forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [RT] plugin infrastructure
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:04:09 GMT
On Nov 14, 2004, at 6:06 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> <snip/>
>>> <forrest-template>
>>>    <contract name="branding-trail-path"/>
>>>    <hook name="intro">
>>>      <contract name="grouplogo"/>
>>>      <contract name="projectlogo"/>
>>>      <contract name="search-input"/>
>>>      <contract name="nav-main"/>
>>>      <contract name="nav-main-sub"/>
>>>      <contract name="openofficeplugin">
>>>        <metadata name="param" value="some value"/>
>>>      </contract>
>>>    </hook>
>>> </forrest-template>
>>>
>>> That means every plugin delivers a contract that is registered in
>>> our contract list.
>> Ok, but how will forrest render the open office plugin, contract?
>
> What exactly is the openofficeplugin doing here? I understand the
> grouplogo, contractlogo etc. are pluggable renderers for various parts
> of the skin. What is the openofficeplugin doing? I can only see it
> providing content so why is this defined in the skins template,
> wouldn't this always just be <contract name="content"/> and forrest
> does the rest? I suppose I am asking why does the skin need to know
> the openofficeplugin is needed here?

Is it not possible that the OpenOffice.org file includes the project
logo embedded in the Impress or Writer file? If so, then it would need
to be 'passed through' to Forrest (unless the element is somehow
ignored during the skinning/processing of the OOo files...)

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>