forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno Fonzi" <bruno.fo...@seceti.it>
Subject R: Selective PDF: Generating Site.xml (and tabs.xml)
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:21:33 GMT

The ANT script to generate automatically site.xml and tabs.xml is
already available at:

http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-328

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@apache.org]
Inviato: lunedì 15 novembre 2004 17.48
A: dev@forrest.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Selective PDF: Generating Site.xml (and tabs.xml)

Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>>[RT] we should have a generator which produces a tab.xml based on
>>>each directory (title according to dir name), and site.xml provided
>>>based on exactly what files are in the directory (maybe limit to .xml

>>>files) and pull the title from the document. [/RT]
>

> RG> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-328 does something like
> RG> this, but it is an ANT script rather than a generator. An internal

> RG> plugin that does this if no site.xml file is found is a great
> RG> idea.
>
> I'd like to suggest a different approach:
>
> Provide an piece of software (preferably Java-based, even better an
> Eclipse-plugin) that administrates site.xml as an outline and
> generates site.xml and tabs.xml on saving.

I have two responses to this:

Firstly, if we create a generator that reads the directory structure and

generates the site.xml and tabs.xml file as suggested above then there
is no need to write anything for Eclipse. Simply configure the existing
resource editor to only display the relevant files and you have your
editor.

Actually, you know this is a really good idea. I could knock this
together fairly quickly using the ANT script supplied above. Not a
dynamic generation process, but halfway there. Keep an eye on the
Eclipse plugin in our SVN, I have a feeling I may hack this out.

Secondly, for a more powerful solution take a look at
http://www.burrokeet.org which is developing an eclipse based
application that allows the graphica editing of Content Packages that
use an IMSManifest file instead of site.xml and tabs.xml.

<snip/>

> Hope I'm making myself clear enough?

So clear you changed my todo list priority ;-)

Ross

=== Start-of Internet E-mail Confidentiality Footer ===

L'uso non autorizzato di questo messaggio o dei suoi allegati e' vietato e potrebbe costituire
reato.
Se ha ricevuto per errore questo messaggio, La preghiamo di informarci e di distruggerlo immediatamente
coi suoi allegati.
Le dichiarazioni contenute in questo messaggio o nei suoi allegati non impegnano SECETI S.p.A.
nei confronti del destinatario o di terzi.
SECETI S.p.A. non si assume alcuna responsabilita' per eventuali intercettazioni, modifiche
o danneggiamenti del presente messaggio.

Any unauthorized use of this e-mail or any of its attachments is prohibited and could constitute
an offence.
If you are not the intended addressee please advise immediately the sender and destroy the
message and its attachments.
The contents of this message shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by SECETI S.p.A.
SECETI S.p.A. does not accept liability for corruption, interception or amendment, if any,
or the consequences thereof.