forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Changing Forrest development priorities
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:19:25 GMT

As we all have seen, Sean has come in like a hurricane :-) , given us
good ideas, and is willing to help in scratching his itches with us.

There is a problem though. We risk losing this collaboration because of
priority mismatch in goals.

He needs to use DocBook. We personally don't, but would be happy to have
that support and understand that we could use many stylesheets that
DocBook enthusiasts have done.

In Jira there is a roadmap that highlights the things to do for 0.7 and
0.8, and IMHO it has to change.

What about this for a course of action:

Goals for 0.7:
  - switch to XHTML2
  - plugins

Goals for 0.8:
  - locationmap
  - fix and make better internals

Goals for 0.9:
  - finalize leather skin and switch to that
  - enhancements and features

Goals for 1.0:
  - testing, bugfixes, testing

If this seems sensible, I can reorganize the JIRA issues, in a short
period of time we can highlight what needs to do to make the theh XHTML2
move and then help in making it happen fast.

WDOT?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -