forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with sitemap.xmap - Docbook Plugin
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:09:40 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> It has been indicated by other devs that with small amount of tuning we can
> accept and output XHTML.

Yes, but ATM only *with* html2document.xsl in between.

After the move to XHTML2 we will be using a xhtmlOne2xhtml2.xsl instead
of that.

> Ross, I thank you for your efforts, but I must have a full solution. I have
> three choices. Stick with Forrest, find another solution, or build a new
> implimentation based on Cocoon that will serve only Docbook.
>
> I need to think about it, but my gut says I'm gonna set set some time aside
> and pull the current forrest apart. Strip it and build it around Docbook. I
> don't want to waste any more of your time on this. If I find a solution that
> uses forrest, I will make it available to the community.

You are in a hurry, don't know Cocoon, need DocBook, and we have other
priorities ATM. I'm sorry this isn't working out for you, and it's a
real pity to waste your efforts. Please give me a chance to try and find
a last reconciliation of efforts, because as priorities are different,
they can change.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -