forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:01:25 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 10:25, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>For example, we won't even think to start implementing these modules in
>>the beginning:
>># 22. Ruby Module
>># 23. XHTML Scripting Module
>># 27. XForms Module
>># 28. XML Events Module
>>And for example, we will not do this, as it mixes style in the content:
>># 24. XHTML Style Attribute Module
> OK, step by step. What will you implement?

I don't know yet :-)

See, we had the discussion about it some time back, made the decision,
and have set this change as a bug in JIRA to be tabled for 0.8.

Before adventuring into XHTML2 we will need to restructure our inner
workings and add other features like the locationmap.

But... it's not set in stone.

>>Our reasoning is that for small documents XHTML is more than adeguate.
>>IOW DocBook is too heavy for those documents where is't more needed :-)
> Yes, no need to use the atom bomb to blow an ant hill. Still users such as
> those with Docbook have heavy requirements and need a high level of
> presentation, without information loss.

ATM it's not our target as a project. We may consider this more strongly
later on.

> I attach a PNG that blocks out my thinking. If anyone want the "dia"
> format let me know. Any question just ask.

It looks like a picture about how Forrest works today along with the
plugin system that is being developed.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -