forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:01:25 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 10:25, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/
>>
>>For example, we won't even think to start implementing these modules in
>>the beginning:
>>
>># 22. Ruby Module
>># 23. XHTML Scripting Module
>># 27. XForms Module
>># 28. XML Events Module
>>
>>And for example, we will not do this, as it mixes style in the content:
>>
>># 24. XHTML Style Attribute Module

> OK, step by step. What will you implement?

I don't know yet :-)

See, we had the discussion about it some time back, made the decision,
and have set this change as a bug in JIRA to be tabled for 0.8.

http://issues.cocoondev.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolutionIds=-1&pid=10000&fixfor=10040

Before adventuring into XHTML2 we will need to restructure our inner
workings and add other features like the locationmap.

But... it's not set in stone.

>>Our reasoning is that for small documents XHTML is more than adeguate.
>>IOW DocBook is too heavy for those documents where is't more needed :-)
>
> Yes, no need to use the atom bomb to blow an ant hill. Still users such as
> those with Docbook have heavy requirements and need a high level of
> presentation, without information loss.

ATM it's not our target as a project. We may consider this more strongly
later on.

> I attach a PNG that blocks out my thinking. If anyone want the "dia"
> format let me know. Any question just ask.

It looks like a picture about how Forrest works today along with the
plugin system that is being developed.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -