forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test Zone for new Forrest Sample Site
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:48:31 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> In addition there is the overhead of turning Forrest validation
> off for these documents.

This is not a Forrest deficiency but a nasty W3C spec bug that has
emarginated Xinclude... till now with RelaxNG. When we will move to
XHTML2, we will validate with RElaxNG and Xinclude should not break
validation.

> XInclude is the way forward. Since it solves these problems. Seems that this
> should be listed as a major bug in Forrest. What do you think?
>
> The problem here is that the sources must be transformable under forrest and
> under any other publishing tool chain. IMHO, this is the way it should be.

It's the Cocoon XInclude system that is partial unfortunately.

> <comment>Forrest is a good idea, unfortunately it seems to have deviated from
> the standards in places and only partially implements them.</comment>

We'll try to get better :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -