forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Release plan for 0.6
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:09:51 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> So here is the start of a plan. Please refine.
>
> 2004-10-08
> Code freeze. Specify an SVN revision number to work with.
> Still can change any documentation.
> Send the Vote email (Apache Forrest PMC needs to approve).
> Testing period lasts for 7 days.
>
> 2004-10-14
> The Vote finishes today. Start preparing the release.
> Total freeze. Tag. Branch.
>
> 2004-10-15
> Release. Send announcement email when mirrors are up-to-date.

IMO we must test and vote on the actual zips and tars. Cocoon has
already has problems because the actual files were not what others were
testing.

I'd do:

  2004-10-08
  Code freeze. Tag. Branch. Upload the dists to a user space dir.
  Send the Vote email (Apache Forrest PMC needs to approve).
  Testing+voting period lasts for 7 days.

  2004-10-14
  The Vote finishes today. Upload the dists.
  Release. Send announcement email when mirrors are up-to-date.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -