forrest-dev mailing list archives

From thorsten <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: synchronising skins leather-dev and pelt
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:23:56 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> thorsten wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
<snip/>
>>Yeah, big time. ;-) I just put everything in semantic container. Have a
>>look at http://www.oscom.org/wiki/cssnamingconventions/ for background
>>information.
>

> Will do. We should add to our docs/skins.html
> to describe your foundations.

Yeah, I will write some lines on that.

<snip/>
> My mission is to start looking at the old forrest-site and
> krysalis-site skins to ensure that we have all capabilities
> in the current pelt skin. While doing that i was also
> intending to add whatever to leather-dev and if i have
> trouble then just make a note somewhere.

Sounds like a good plan. I reckon I forgot some stuff while developing
pelt. Just drop everything in the responding semantic container (sc) and
I will take care about the display. Having everything in sc will it make
  easy to find an element and alter the display. :)

> I am not yet a CSS expert, so will need help.

:) Me neither. I hope that people will start contributing css styles for
Leather that we have a pool of styles to choose. Maybe we should
announce a design competition for leather-dev based css-designs.

As soon I have a more or less stable version of the skin I will talk to
people from http://www.oswd.org. Maybe they are interessted in
supporting the standard with new designs.

King regards
thorsten