forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:48:59 GMT
On Oct 12, 2004, at 5:41 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> I got it to work. It looks like the version of ant
>> I have installed (1.6.0) was causing problems.
>
> This is a worry. What was the symptom?

I think it gave some kind of error to the effect of:

/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache-forest-0.6/src/core/bin/../tools/ant

I forget what exactly, but it had a 'relative "go up from here"'
somewhere in the path...

>> Also...

>> There are two places where it indicates how to set FORREST_HOME (and
>> they both do it differently):
>>
>> [1]
>> http://forrest.apache.org/build.html#building
>>
>> [2]
>> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#installing
>>
>> It's entirely possible (and maybe even logical ;-)) that both should
>> be
>> retained, but it is a little confusing.
>
> Argh, how did we miss that. The second one is wrong.
> If people start with forrest/README.txt and forrest/index.html
> then we should be safe.
>
> Lots of changes mounting up for when the code freeze ends.
>
> --
> David Crossley

Glad I could find it. I remembered seeing both ways, but forgot for a
while... Glad I could help!

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>