forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:01:27 GMT
I got it to work. It looks like the version of ant I have installed
(1.6.0) was causing problems.

Also...

On Oct 12, 2004, at 9:06 AM, Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2004, at 5:11 PM, David Crossley wrote:
>> Dave Brondsema wrote:
<snip>
>>> FORREST_HOME=/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache-forrest-0.6/src/core
>>>
>>> (It'd be handy if in the future the shell scripts were smart enough
>>> accept either)
>>
>> Why? The user instructions make it very clear how to
>> set $FORREST_HOME.

There are two places where it indicates how to set FORREST_HOME (and
they both do it differently):

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/build.html#building

[2]
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#installing

It's entirely possible (and maybe even logical ;-)) that both should be
retained, but it is a little confusing.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>