forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:03:58 GMT
I'm appending a response I received from Victor Mote (who I believe may
have created the Compliance page), which was submitted to the FOP-DEV
list and may shed some light on the Compliance page problem (and
possibly the other "CRITICAL" problems as well).

On Oct 28, 2004, at 2:43 PM, Victor Mote wrote:
> OK. The compliance page uses a different DTD than any of the other
> pages:
> xml-fop/src/documentation/resources/schema/dtd/compliance-v10.dtd
>
> One possibility to consider is changing it to the standard format.
> That is
> probably possible, but you may have to give some things up to get it
> done.
> My recollection is that I always decided it was worth it to use the
> non-standard way. Also, the standard DTD may be better now than it was.
>
> A different DTD means that it must use a different stylesheet also.
> This is
> likely the crux of the problem. The process of telling Forrest/Cocoon
> about
> the compliance stylesheet is probably broken. The easiest solution is
> probably to ask on the Forrest user list. They were always extremely
> helpful
> in solving these problems. When I was working with Forrest, it
> required a
> decent understanding of Cocoon, but their newer versions might hide
> some of
> that. Look in one of the "sitemap" files (sorry -- I don't remember
> which
> one is the
> current one):
> xml-fop/src/documentation
>
> In each you'll see a section entitled "FOP Additions" (line 295 in
> sitemap.xmap, and line 257 in sitemap-0.5.xmap). That shows you the
> location
> of the stylesheets as well (there is another entry later for the to-pdf
> stylesheet). Find out where the equivalent sitemap for the new version
> is
> and how to mimic the logic that is here.
>
> That's about all I can think of to tell you. Good luck.
>
> Victor Mote

I think this means I'll have to find the FOP-ADDITIONS sections of the
'old' xml-fop sitemap.xmap file and put those sections into a new
sitemap.xmap. Hopefully I'm on the right track, and when I try to
tackle this tomorrow I'll have better clarity on it.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>