forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:54:50 GMT
On Oct 20, 2004, at 10:44 AM, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>> So
>>> 1) I will upgrade fop-0.20.5.jar and batik-all-1.5.1.jar from the
>>> cocoon-2.2.0-dev tree in the next hour unless someone has any
>>> objection.
>> Will I need to do that as well?
>
> Well you need to get the latest copy from forrest svn.

I'll get the latest forrest from svn. Thanks!

>>> 2) Clay
>>> Please apply this patch and upgrade to the svn version
>> Wouldn't it be the other way around (/svn up/ and then apply the
>> PATCH?)?
>
> This patch is for the xml-fop cvs.

ok. I was confused, because you said apply this patch and upgrade to
the svn version... as you indicate, xml-fop uses cvs, and forrest uses
svn... All these projects make it confusing to me to know what to fix
(although the fact that it's called fix4fop.diff should've been a
clue!)

>>> (you need to create an empty site.xml for this to work.
>> That seems strange, as my site.xml file has tons in it. Forgive my
>> question, but what is the purpose of an empty site.xml file?
>
> ¿?
> Are we talking about the same site?
> I did check the problem on a copy of the xml-fop. Are we usinng the
> same one?

Nope. I've practically given up on the xml-fop xdocs/*.xml (and subdir
*.xml files). My plan (which may be a bad plan!) was to start from the
xml-fop_new.zip file referenced in this POST[1] (link [2] from that
post).

Obviously, I would rather work with the xml-fop cvs files, but Dave
Brondsema's instructions dealt with link [2] from that post. I suppose
that those instructions might be able to work from xml-fop cvs, though.
If so (or I could get new instructions which work with xml-fop cvs),
that would be great and would save me a step or two!

Oh what a tangled web we weave... when we try and figure out all this
stuff and it takes months to learn!

>>> Cheers,
>>> Cheche
>>> <fix4fop.diff>