forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:40:21 GMT
On Oct 19, 2004, at 10:59 AM, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Clay,
>
>> * [90/32]   [0/0]     0.608s 0b      dev/fo/embedding.pdf
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> org.apache.batik.bridge.UnitProcessor.createContext(Lorg/apache/
>> batik/
>> bridge/BridgeContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)Lorg/apache/batik/util/
>> UnitProcessor$Context;
>

> This type of error is typical When you mix jar version.
> Could you make sure that the batik.jar that you are using is the same
> that we use in the forrest distribution?

I'll double-check this. Thanks for the heads up!

> I am downloading the fop cvs and I am getting a diferent error:
>
> validate-xdocs:
> /home/cheche/xml/xml-fop/src/documentation/content/xdocs/DnI/
> properties.xml:2245:39: The entity "rarr" was referenced, but not
> declared.
>
> Do you know much about this?
>
> Cheers,
> Cheche

Yeah, I know. I forgot to indicate that in my POST. Sorry!

One of our esteemed FOP COMMITTERs is documenting the Design and
Implementation of FOP (Thanks Simon!). There was an entity he added to
his documentation, which is based on DocBook. Unfortunately, he added
&rarr; (which looks like -->) into his documentation. I 'fixed' the
problem so the build could continue by swapping out &rarr; with --&gt;

[1]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=106979236016078&w=2

Web Maestro Clay
--