forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Help FOR-308
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:27:01 GMT
On Oct 5, 2004, at 12:48 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> One of the things being tried out that this new copyless behaviour has
> enabled is the creation of Forrest plugins. I recently started a
> branch to explore this aspect. The idea is to simplify the core
> Forrest sitemaps by stripping out all the non-essential stuff like the
> docbook support. INstead we will have a docbook plugin.
>
> This is *very* early stage work, but if, when you feel comfortable
> enough, you fancy helping me extract the docbook stuff into a plugin
> that would be a very good test of the system.
>
> Ross

I understand the OOo support would move to this plugin as well. I like
the idea of having all of the OOo/DocBook/whatever things in one
convenient place. Should make it easier to get in and make
modifications, if necessary.

For example, I'd like to see Forrest be able to take a .sxw file with
*embedded* pictures, and output the appropriate HTML & PDF files. The
HTML files would take screenshots and 'shrink' images down to a max
size for placement on a page (e.g., max WIDTHxHEIGHT=640x480--user
configurable, of course), and if the image is larger, provide a
jump-link (configurable) to the image. The PDF would embed the highest
resolution available for the image, but would also shrink it to 'fit'
on the page.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>