forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:30:15 GMT
On Oct 22, 2004, at 3:27 AM, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> I am having problems with your instructions. I'm having problems
>> running
>> the patch file fix4fop.diff.
>
>> 2. cp src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml site.xml.bak
>
> I am not able to see this file on the CVS version. please double check
> that you have commited.

I was not planning to commit any changes until I have this fixed. Which
file were you referring to?
- xml-fop/site.xml.bak is just a backup of
src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml
- then I rm src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml
- then I touch src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml

(I could've just mv'd src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml
site.xml.bak, but I wanted the security of backing up the file before I
deleted it--although it is in CVS so I didn't really need to...)

>> 4. patch -p1 < fix4fop.diff
>
> I thought that you need to use p0
> patch -p0 < fix4fop.diff

Thanks! But I still get errors. (I tried that before I e-mailed last
time, but got errors then too.):

====
[clay@Clay-Leeds-Computer xml-fop]$ patch -p0 < fix4fop.diff
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|===================================================================
|RCS file: /home/cvspublic/xml-fop/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap,v
|retrieving revision 1.17
|diff -r1.17 sitemap.xmap
--------------------------
File to patch:
====

Then I continued, creating a sitemap.xmap... and here's the rest of the
terminal window:

====
[clay@Clay-Leeds-Computer xml-fop]$ touch src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
[clay@Clay-Leeds-Computer xml-fop]$ patch -p0 < fix4fop.diff
patching file src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 22.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 24.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 28.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 32.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 33.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 34.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 40.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 42.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 75.
src/documentation/sitemap.xmap.rej
patching file src/documentation/content/xdocs/DnI/properties.xml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2245.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/documentation/content/xdocs/DnI/properties.xml.rej
[clay@Clay-Leeds-Computer xml-fop]$ patch -p0 < fix4fop.diff
patching file src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file
src/documentation/sitemap.xmap.rej
patching file src/documentation/content/xdocs/DnI/properties.xml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2245.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/documentation/content/xdocs/DnI/properties.xml.rej
[clay@Clay-Leeds-Computer xml-fop]$
====

It doesn't look like it really did anything. I recognize the 'Hunk #1
FAILED at 2245.' as a place where I changed properties.xml for an
entity problem.

>> If you couldn't already tell, I'm new to applying patches. :-)
>
> no problem, we are here to learn :-)

Thanks! I appreciate your gentle touch!

Web Maestro Clay
--