forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Forrest skins (leather-dev screenshot)
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:01:32 GMT
Shaun Evans wrote:
> I've almost finished 'scale-dev' which is a CSS enhancement for
> leather-dev. Please have a look at the attached screenshot
> (scale-dev-s1.png) and tell me if there are any things that you don't
> like or things that could be improved.
>
> This screenshot was taken in Mozilla Firefox, and, as one would expect,
> there are a few bugs when viewed in Internet Explorer. I will fix these
> and take into account any advice you give me in this post before I post
> the site2xhtml, document2html and css files. I also have to look at
> bringing in most of the features of pelt.
>
> A question: as it's a hot topic at the moment, should the final skin be
> in XHTML 1 or 2?

The output of a skin is still just plain old HTML.  Currently it's 4
Transitional, but the skin can decide to be 4 Strict or XHTML if it
wants.  This XHTML output would be *very* different from the internal
XHTML2 markup.  This may be something that has been unclear in our
discussions.

If your question is regarding what intermediate format 'scale' should
transform from.. well it should be document-v13 for now.  Until we
switch to XHTML2 internally it's hard to know what that will exactly
look like.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming