forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Closed: (FOR-224) All documentation needs review, to be up-to-date with copyless procedure
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:04:30 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Saturday 30 October 2004 19:00, issues@cocoondev.org wrote:
>
>>All documentation needs review, to be up-to-date with copyless procedure
>

> Does anyone know where I can find a definition of "copyless procedure?"

I don't think it is documented on the site, it is an internal thing and
therefore not needed in user docs. A search of the archives will give
full details from a developer perspective, but a very brief description
is below:

Originally Forrest copied all the src documents, stylesheets, schemas
and config files to ./build/ before it could build the site. This took
some time and caused problems for in place editing. A gradual process
saw the removal of the need to copy some of these parts. Copyless became
the term for having to copy no files from core or project before a
project could be built.

This was achieved about half way through the 0.6 development cycle.

Hope that helps

Ross