forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Changing Forrest development priorities
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:44:28 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi Niclola, et. al.,
>
> IMO (knowing how long we prepared the last release) I would like to
> suggest a concret roadmap for the skins:
>
> Goals version:
> 0.6.1 - fix the IE6 issue of pelt
> 0.7 - introduce leather and create corium-dev
> 0.8 - switch to leather and release corium
> 0.9 - switch to corium
> 1.0 - fix known issues with skins.
>
> WDYT?
> thorsten

Sounds like a good plan.  But there's no reason the skins have to be
developed at a certain rate relative to the rest of the forrest.  If
skin development stalls for some reason, we can still go on releasing
forrest even if these goals aren't met.  Or conversely, if a few skins
are finalized before the forrest core has reached its goal for that
version, we can make a release too (provided the core is stable).
Release early, release often!

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming