forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Solving matching problems caused by plugins
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:49:29 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

> Perhaps it was just the insertion point of the plugins
> sitemaps that caused those matches to start being missed.
> Or perhaps it *must* take full control and we just need
> to proceed with implementation of all of those as plugins.

I am confident it is the insertion point. I did some experimentation
last night with lots of different types of interaction. I will put my
findings together as a proposal next week sometime. For now, the current
insertion point is fine for source formats.

>>Where would this normally be processed, I can't seem to find it.
> The Cocoon cli.xconf is how extra abilities are configured
> for our Cocoon Command-Line Interface CLI, e.g. patterns
> to be ignored like "apidocs" and extra docs to be processed
> like "mirrors.html". I presume that it is read by Cocoon
> at startup.
> For some unknown reason, each project cli.xconf started
> being ignored and Forrest's core default cli.xconf is used.
> 'forrest echo-properties' shows the problem. The value
> from is not being used. Again that
> could be a pointer to some new wider bug.

I'm not familiar with cli stuff from cocoon. What I do know is that
moving the sitemap plugin to just before the final "catchall" match of
"**.xml" in forrest.xmap fixed the problem with mirrors.html indicated

Can you (or someone else) look to see if there is still a problem with
the loading of cli.xconf. I don't think that the position of the plugin
sitemap mount would affect this.

View raw message