forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with sitemap.xmap - Docbook Plugin
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:46:39 GMT

Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Friday 29 October 2004 16:12, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Why do we want to transform to document?
>
> Perhaps you misunderstood. We want to take XHMTL and add that to the
> aggregation and finally get a web site.
> Docbook XML -> XHTML1.0

As I, and others, was trying to explain to you in our very very long
thread, this is not how we do it.

If you convert the XHTML1 to our internal format (which will become
XHTML2) it will then be incorporatewd into the site in the same way as
any other document (see the "intepreted HTML" example in a freshely
seeded site. This we will give us all the skinning and benefits of Forrest.

This is how we do it, this is what works and this will be the easiest
way for you to do what you are trying to do.

> There should be no use for html2document.xsl or any other xsl defined in
> forrest.xmap.

If you can find another way of doing this then feel free to implement it
and provide patches for consideration. However, I am not aware of
another way at this time (some other dev might be).

Ross