forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of IMSManifest plugin
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:06:42 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> As I have mentioned numerous times before, I have a plugin that
>> replaces site.xml and tabs.xml with an IMSManifest file. This is a
>> standard format file for Learning Objects, but is also very useful for
>> more general content objects.
>

> +1
>
> Reasons:
>
> 1 - it's the work Ross is doing, and will make it easier for him to
> integrate the changes he needs in Forrest without forking like he was
> forced to do before, making it difficult for him to contribute;

Whilst this is a good reason, I am hoping that I can develop the plugin
functionality to a level that there will never be a need for any project
to diverge their code base in this way. It will be better for both
Forrest and the other projects.

(NB I'm working at porting the WYSIWYG editor next - but I'll sort out
these other issues with plugins first)

Ross