forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with sitemap.xmap - Docbook Plugin
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:26:38 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Trying to devise a "sitemap.xmap" for the Docbook plug-in. I'm not to hot with
> all the syntax for sitemaps and how it works exactly in Forrest. Can anyone
> tell me if this is correct? I have just extended the "simplied-docbook
> plug-in" "sitemap.xmap" that Ross submitted recently.
>
> Am I correct in assuming that the fo created by "fo-cust.xsl" will be
> transformed by the Forrest installation "sitemap.xmap," or must I specify it
> in this plug-in sitemap?

> <map:match type="regexp" pattern="^(.*?)([^/]*).pdf$">
>         <map:generate src="cocoon:/{1}{2}.fo"/>
>         <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
> </map:match>

It took me a moment to realise you had copied this from the Forrest
sitemap, I thought it was from yours, this confused me somewhat (being
slow tonight my wife had me in furniture shops all day buying baby
things - hard work that)

I *think* the answer is yes. I'm still getting to grips with what you
can and can't do with the pass-through feature that has enabled plugins
to work. In other words I'm doing things by trial and error at the
moment. So far I have been constantly amazed at how easy it is to do
this stuff.

What appears to be happening is that the main Forrest sitemaps only
process the file if it is part of their recognised doctypes. So as long
as you remove the doctypes you are handling from the main forrest
sitemaps and leave the more general ones (like .fo) in the core it will
pick them up.

Jut try it, if it doesn't behave the way you expect then let me know
what is happening, what you want to happen and attach a zip of your
plugin to a bug report. I'll work with you to solve any problems you
come across.

Ross