forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Including Plugin documentation in Forrest website
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:13:42 GMT

Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:14:27 +0100, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Am I still going in the wrong direction? I have no problem with it
>>staying in the IMSManifest plugin, just wanting to know if it has a
>>wider use.
>

> I think its a **great** thought, and will definitely go a long way in
> making Forrest a mature product. There are many many more use cases
> that can be thought of, but the ones you list make a representative
> list. But I'll add just another one:
>
> Consider the computer science department of a University. The systems
> people maintain their own webpage, the theory guys maintain their own
> (do they??!), the vision people their own. The CS webadmins then
> simply can use Forrest to plug-in these separate websites to create an
> integrated website for the department.

Funnily enough that is pretty much why it was created in the first
place. I had many departmetns sharing learning content across theire
staff, each wanted to present it with their own branding.

I'm awaiting a decision on a new contract that will do precisely what
you describe above. Can't believe I forgot that use case!

Ross